May 31, 2008

Spirituality is the New Black


{ This post is a little off the blog purpose but...}
"Spirituality is the New Black"
This is what my homegirl Heather says to me as I chop away at some packaging design. I laughed , but damn she was right. Lately it seems as though everywhere I go I've been meeting people who are trying to make sense of their world and what they are doing in it. I mean really, NY is a hard place to be, even if you're making it- it can be draining. But sometimes it seems like here in the city if you are not running on that special fuel called Anxiety you are nothing. So how do we cope? I keep meeting person after person who is, cleansing, meditating, journaling, blogging ( smile ), popping xanax, making purpose boards, Feng Shui-ing, growing plants, traveling or whatever they feel they need to do to get some life clarity. Maybe we're all at that age ( late 20s early 30s) to ask these questions, but the book that I'm feeling right now on this subject is Deepak Chopra's " The Book of Secrets: Unlocking the Hidden Dimensions of your Life". It's a heavy read, but I'm feeling it so I wanted to share it with you. I'm pressing on the book right now writing this on the subway. Basically the book tells us that every move that we make is evident of the path we are making for yourself, You have ultimate and total control of your life you just need to realize it and you don't need to force it.
So this is to: TK, Jill, Ian, Heather, Keith, Jen, Tish, Ivona, Shama, Me, Mom, Dad, Sarah, Emil, Jazzy-Phae, Pel, Kali, Ronnie (vee), Dan Tres, Emil, Narvie and whoever else is trying to make their way. Good Luck, Good ( Spiritual) Travels and let me know if you get there.

Peace and Love

Khia

4 comments:

Unknown said...

gotta check this one out...I need all the help I can get!! :P Thx K!

T. Brown said...

me too especially since I'm starting my enlightened year of 33 : )

Anonymous said...

Check out Eckhart Tolle's "The Power of NOW" or "A New Earth", too. And if you really want to get far out with it, there's a series, "Life and Teachings of Masters of the Far East" that my mother and brother swear by.

Ancilla Indigna said...

Try out my site or this one:
http://thecatholicfaithful.blogspot.com
http://www.audiosancto.org