Apr 19, 2008

The Vanglorious Rests in Peace ( XCLAN )




Professor X of XClan (the 90s militant rap group )has passed away of spinal menangitis in 2006 and I'm just hearing...dag this is hitting me harder than when I heard the crocodile hunter bit the dust( seriously that hurt!). This is one of my favorite rap groups of all time and completely underrated. I mean I guess you could only have ONE Public Enemy right? With only 2 c.d.'s released in the 90s they hit the streets and had everyone nodding their heads. Back then Cypress Hill, Public Enemy and Xclan held me down at that time as a youngin' when I was feeling little bit charged up. But rap in the 90s was a whole new breed. It was still about the art and it was just catching its edge. Don't sleep on them, they are still doing their thing {CLICK}.

Rest in Peace Professor X, I'm sure you're in the in the sky on the EastSide, Blackwards.


Xodus, X-Clan Lyrics:

Xodus, feel the vibes of the wrath of God!
Spoke the biological are God, one
Systematic terror, that's forever
Big Lord shredder, legendary weed getter
The dark president, the dark sun resident
Will give more reason to impeach a president
And all the puppets in the other square lay
Supporting three Ks and Amerikkka can wait
So now a brother bears fruits and herbs
Cause apples pie's toxic, it slurs my words
And how could I reach a Black nation?
The vibration, sensations, like that!
Is that a combat? And either pimp slap?
There's other missionaries who would have me off track
But heed is a lead is a positive sin
And you can't you can't stop me, so let's stop your grin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Didn't know that thanks for sharing. RIP brother.