Jan 31, 2009

This is a Graduated Human Being


Shawn Crawford gave up his Olympic silver medal to Churandy Martina, the sprinter who originally finished second in the 200 meters but was later disqualified for running out of his lane.
“It wasn’t about doing the right thing. It’s just me as an athlete—I feel like we all compete and train for four years to get to the Olympic Games,” Crawford said. “We got there, he was told he finished second after all that, he took a victory lap. I can understand his humiliation and embarrassment and all that."

3 comments:

lion said...

That's deep. Did the other guy accept the medal? It would say a lot about the other guy if he did as strictly speaking he broke the rules and didn't stay in his lane. I couldn't accept it. I'd be extremely gutted but I couldn't take it.

What would you do?

Khia! said...

yeah he took it...no i dont think i would either, as far as i was concerned it wouldnt matter because the officials didnt' give it to me.it would just be a necklace-pimpstyle

les lunettes de soleil lady said...

Safe Order lunettes de soleil pas cher Impossible de demander plus de .