Aug 13, 2008

Eddie Murphy's Golden Child is the DALAI LAMA?

"I-I-I-I-I-I want the kniiiife...."

I'm talking to my ( buddhist?) homegirl and she is describing the selection process of the Dalai Lama:

Friend: " The soul of each dalai lama is reincarnated over and over again in the body of an infant"
Me: You mean like The Golden Child?

Friend: The child posseses wisdom way beyond his years. He understands things without anyone telling him, he is wise

Me: Like the Golden Child Right?

Friend: They search all over Tibet to find the reincarnated child. Then they take him away to protect him from people who want to hurt him and so he can fulfill his destiny.

Me: ( Getting Really Excited) Gasp! Like the Golden Child!

Friend: (Laughing) Yes....Like the Golden Child

See that's what I love about media, you can entertain people and still pass on a really cool message...that unfortunately takes 16 or so years to sink in. But this revelation comes right at the moment that the current Dalai Lama is fighting with the Chinese government as they are trying to find their own Dalai ( The anti-Lama, I guess). 

The Dalai Lama is on his way out of this world. But even though he may be dying, until things get right, he is refusing to be reborn.  You hear me?: He is going to stop his own reincarnation. 

Now that's gansta. Just stay away from that bloody porridge.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

AHAHAHAA!! I don't really have anything to say about this...that's just really funny. XD

T. Brown said...

all I have to say is " I want the kniiiiifffffffe.... Pleeeeease" lol

Anonymous said...

I don't know what to laugh at more: the 16 years it took for you to have an "AH-HA!" moment or the "i-i-iiii want the knife!" memories. LOL! Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_oR2wcden8&feature=related